COVID-19 (Coronavirus) - Important Information
Last updated July 13 2020
ALL locations are open or opening soon! See below --
UBC is open Monday-Friday 10am-2pm. See UBC location details.
UWO is open Tues and Thurs 9am-1pm and Wed 9am-4pm. See UWO hours.
U of S is open Monday-Friday 10am-2pm by appointment only. See U of S hours.
U of C is re-opening Monday July 20 at 10:00am. It will be open weekdays 10am-3pm by appointment only. The building remains locked, you must have an appointment and call us when you arrive. Dr. Hodgins is also seeing patients off-campus at Modern Eye by appointment if that is more convenient for you. You can make an appointment at Modern Eye here.
Gone home for the summer and need your prescription or a contact lens re-fill? We are checking e-mail regularly at all locations, please contact the clinic by e-mail and we will get back to you. For clinics running limited hours, there may be a delay in getting back to you until the next working day. We will endeavour to provide prescription renewals, telephone consultations, and help however we can remotely.
We are taking significant precautions and have developed an extensive safety manual and procedures to ensure patient and staff safety, including:
- Our team are wearing personal protective equipment including masks
- Staff complete a daily COVID screening
- Patients are screened in advance with a COVID questionnaire
- Physical distancing, plexiglass shields where appropriate and capacity limits in effect
- Extensive and frequent cleaning of high-touch surfaces between each patient encounter
- Every frame touched by a patient is cleaned before being returned to the display
We are taking every and all measure possible to meet and exceed provincial health recommendations and regulatory college guielines for safe operation.
If you need a contact lens re-fill, we are shipping for no charge across Canada; please email us or fill out the order contact lenses form, we can send you an e-invoice and ship directly to your home.